[slang-users] slang 2 snapshot 7 released

Hi,

Due to a minor glitch associated with the handling of negative indices
in range arrays, I decided that it would be best to put out a new snapshot
to correct the problem.  Note that the change is not entirely backward
compatible.  In a nutshell expressions such as A[[0:-2]] which
previously would pick out all but the last element of an array will
nolonger do so.  Rather, such expressions will need to be changed to
A[[:-2]], which serves the same purpose but without the problems.

It may be downloaded from:

  <ftp://space.mit.edu/pub/davis/slang/2.0-devel/slang-pre2-r6.tar.gz>
  <http://www.jedsoft.org/slang/download.html>

Changes since 2.0.0 pre-release 6
1. The _traceback variable was being ignored.  As a result, error
   messages were more verbose than requested.
2. I fixed the negative indexing issues and made such indexing much
   more consistent.  Before it was possible to index the first through
   last elements of an array using the index [0:-1].  However, there
   were too many inconsistencies associated with this feature.
   Negative indices are still supported but in a much more consistent
   fashion.  See UPGRADE.txt for more details.