Re: [slang-users] slang 2 - Paul?

Paul Boekholt <p.boekholt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 06:23:29PM +0000, jmrobert5@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> RE: SQlite wrapper,
>>
>> I may have it stashed somewhere.  If anyone needs it quick let
>> me know, otherwise its on a low priority burner
> I need it now!

Perhaps SLIRP 1.5.0, even in beta form, will be of assistance here, so
I plopped at tarball at

	ftp://space.mit.edu/pub/mnoble/slirp/slirp-1.5.0-beta1.tar.gz

This release of SLIRP will be the most signficant since its first went
public last year, and includes support for function transformations as
well as as C++.  The main reason for staying in beta is that the
docs for the new features is incomplete; however, there are a number of
new examples which can be used as starting points.  Finally, please note
that this version of SLIRP is ABI-incompatible with previous releases.

Regards,
Michael S. Noble

----

Changes in v1.5.0 (Beta Version 1, 10/14/04):

  1)  Support function transformations, which provide a way of calling
      a function prototyped as having M inputs and N outputs from S-Lang
      as if it were a function of M' inputs and N' outputs.  Two common
      uses of such are to omit arguments (such as "array size" parameters)
      from function calls in S-Lang scope and morphing a function into
      returning multiple values on the stack.

      Samples of the new #argmap, #funcmap, #prototype, #retmap, #ignore,
      and other directives are given in the examples.

  3)  Add initial support for C++, which includes wrapping of overloaded
      functions and those with default values, but not templates or
      operators.  Sample usage given in new ./examples/cpp directory.

  4)  Arbitrary macros may now be wrapped by using new _macromaps.

  5)  Moved toggle_error_hook() function to new standalone test framework
      package [ TESS, the (Te)st (S)ystem for (S)-Lang]

  6)  Added default type mapping for void*

  7)  The distinction between arguments explicitly declared as arrays
      (e.g. float f[]) and those ambiguosly declared as arrays or refs
      (e.g. float *f) has been deprecated.  Thus slirp_map_array() has
      also been deprecated.

  8)  Sharpen the saw (resulting in better performance and smaller modules)
	- emit fewer lines of arg validation code @start of wrapper funcs
	- perform only a single pass over input files
	- code is now emitted to a single file
	- obviating the -d <dir> switch, which has been eliminated
	- remove support for deprecated -consts, -init, and -opaques switches
 	- better recognition of function pointer and enum args
	- better internal organization, which should make it easier to extend
 	- exhibit use of new #ignore directive (2) in OpenGL and MySQL examples