Re: [slang-users] slang 2 - Paul?

<LOL>, no, actually, the less I have to learn, the better and quicker I can
start rolling things out. I still have pull down menu function to write, as well
as spiffing up the box / selection routine. But, pretty much windowing, status,
header / system status , display and input functions are all working.

It is a straight forward design. Basically, the screens run on a stack based
concept(even thought they do not use the stack). Screen 1 always before screen 2,
if a "selection", "help" or other box is active, it must be completed. It will be
mousable, but not event driven. Has a "Text" graphic interface, but not ICON's.
Command set structured, but not hobbled. The core command set will eventually be
wrapped by a S-Lang kernel of some sort.

Example of a command for a 1 line entry in a window where the "<#>" is
a variable value:

SET_ROW = <rowpos> ;
SET_COL = <colpos> ;
SET_ROWSIZE = <ROWSIZE> ;
SET_COLSIZE = <COLSIZE> ;
NewWIndow("This is My window HEADING") ;
% Creates a Window at row/col of rowsize, colsize
% With borders OUTSIDE row/col and shadowed
% All Displays and entries are now relative to
% the window, exceptions are the "System Status"
% - Bottom Screen line messaging

SET_ROW = 1 ;
SET_COL = 1 ;
DisplayS("1: Enter Some Data Here - ") ;

ENTRY_ROW = 1 ;
ENTRY_COL = 30 ;
% NOTE - Entry Row and Column are auto adjusted by DisplayS
% So the above is redundant, but allows you to override row/col

DataEntry( <variable or string>, <Format typing>) ;
/* datafile field access */ = _inputdata ;

PopWIndow() ;
%Removes current window and restores pre-window image.

variable BoxText = "Congratulations, you have sucessfully entered some data!" ;
Box( Boxtext, <boxtype>, "OK", "CANCEL", "MAYBE", "BOO!!") ;
if (_boxreturn == "BOO!!" )
   SystemMessage("Happy Halloween!") ;

exit (0)

Keep in mind, that even though that LOOKS like a lot of coding, the goal
is to have a "wysiwyg" screen painter/editor, as well as a report painter/editor
that generates all of the above code for you from a "stored" procedure.

Anyways ... thanks as always ...

jmrobert5@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
RE: SQlite wrapper,

I know I have seen one done somewhere.  It was not on the sqlite site just now
when I checked.  I may have it stashed somewhere.  Even so, using the wrapper
tool on sqlite should be really straightforward.  If anyone needs it quick let
me know,  otherwise its on a low priority burner.

RE: libgdba,
I dunno, I looked at the website very briefly.  Still, my thought is to go with
a standard backend directly and avoid this api.  I mean why use a api with no
gain?  Still its his project, perhaps he wants to learn this api.  Or it has
some benefit when used in Gnome.

--
Ben Duncan   - VersAccounting Software LLC 336 Elton Road  Jackson MS, 39212
"Never attribute to malice, that which can be adequately explained by stupidity"