Access to terminfo-specific capabilities

Hello!

I'm trying to make GNU Midnight Commander a little smarter, so that it
would enable color and mouse support on xterm if they are supported.  The
current scheme is too unreliable, inconvenient and full of
inconsistencies.

For example, setting TERM=rxvt will disable the mouse for no reason,
whereas the color support often needs to be "forced" by using a command
line option or by editing the config file.

Color support is probably a separate topic (correct me if I'm wrong), but
for the mouse support I'm going to check if the "kmous" capability is
present in the terminfo database.  The termcap users would get the old
behavior, but the terminfo users will have one thing less to worry about.

The problem is that I cannot find the interface to the terminfo database
in S-Lang that wouldn't "dumb down" the capabilities to the termcap names.

SLtt_tigetstr() in S-Lang 1.4.4 accepts termcap names only and doesn't
fallback to the raw terminfo names, such as "kmous".

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin