Harbour: free clipper compiler needs help with slang

Hello all,

There is an open source project called Harbour
(http://www.Harbour-Project.org, but the site has had
problems for some days now) with the stated goal of
coming up with a free Clipper language compiler for
many platforms (Win32, DOS, OS/2, linux, etc.)
It is close to beta stage right now, except on linux,
where the screen management code is not really working.

There are two concurrent approaches to make Harbour work
with linux: curses and slang. I wrote the original
implementation of Harbour's GT (Generic Terminal)
libraries on these two, without really knowing much
about either curses or slang. In fact, my implementations
never went beyond a proof of concept.

What the project really needs is people with experience
programming curses and/or slang to lend them a hand.
I estimate it would not be too much work, since the
GT API is cast in stone and does not include more than
10 to 15 functions, all of them dealing with positioning
the cursor, erasing/scrolling parts of the screen, color,
etc. So, if anybody on this list has the time and the
inclination, please let me or the Harbour people know.

Gonzalo A. Diethelm
gonzalo.diethelm@xxxxxxxxx