Re: [jed-users] Odd exit behavior

Tom Culliton <tom.culliton@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> @Gunter - The key seems to have been exiting from the find_file dialog in
> the mini-buffer before something else autoloads those. Not sure if there
> are other paths. Exiting from the *scratch* buffer or the mini-buffer while
> doing a search doesn't seem to trigger it.

You might try upgrading to pre0.99-20 from <jedsoft.org/snapshots/>
and see if the behavior continues.

If you want to stick with 0.99-19, then perhaps running it under
something like strace would help pinpoint the problem:

   strace -o /tmp/jed-strace.log jed ...

Or, get its pid and then trace it:

   strace -p <pid> -o /tmp/jed-strace.log

Another idea is to press Ctrl-G when it seems to be taking too long.
Then look at the *traceback* buffer.

If all else fails, try the debugger, e.g.,

  gdb jed
  (gdb) run
  # When it hangs, press Ctrl-G, then
  (gdb) where