Re: [jed-users] Problem: undefined reference to `SLang_release_function'

Hi Sebastion,

Sebastian Gniazdowski <sgniazdowski@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have a problem like in the title – it's the error that occurs at the
> linking stage. I believe that apparently the function had accidentally
> dropped out of the libslang.so.2.* file, as grep doesn't return any match,
> too (it does for other functions, like SLang_restart).
>
> Could this be fixed? The function is needed for the only safe way of
> checking if a function exists before calling it, namely the
> SLang_get_function() routine, whose result needs to be released with the
> missing function.

That function never existed.  However, it was declared as extern in
the slang.h include file and the declaration was removed in the
pre2.3.x development snapshots.  It still exists in all the official
releases.  With that said, for the next development snapshot, I will
put it back in the header file, and provide an empty implementation of
it.

What C compiler are you using?

Happy new year everyone.