[jed-users] Character ranges

Hi

define_syntax () is not yet utf-8 ready, so in order to specify
characters comprising as many alphabets as possible, I guess I
need to do it with character ranges?

I try e.g.

 variable c = "A-Ÿa-ÿ-ą-ţĄ-Ţ-Ħ-Ŝħ-ŝÀ-Şß-ÿĄ-Žß-žḂ-Ŷḃ-ÿ-Š-Þš-ÿ-Ą-Þą-ÿ"
 define_syntax (c, 'w', "tbl");

would this catch all latin characters? I have basically looked
at the manual pages for latin1, latin2 .., etc. and taken the
ranges from there. There are some overlapping characters.

How about Cyrillic characters, Arabic, Hebrew, etc. Can I
specify them in a range? Would syntax highlighting even work
with non-latin character sets?

Thanks,
Morten