[jed-users] Distinguishing active window

I used Emacs for several years, and I had the status bar of an active
window different than the status bar of the inactive windows.  I've
been using Jed for a couple years, and for some reason I thought I had
the same thing in Jed.  It turns out that I don't, which mostly shows
how rarely I split my window and how unimportant the different status
lines are.  (It also shows that my mind is going, but that isn't
relevant to this list.)
But I still looked through the documentation to see if the active
status line or window could be given different properties, and I
didn't find anything. So I'm wondering, is it possible to distinguish the active window?