Re: [jed-users] Any ideas on how to get my mouse to work in jed under linux with gpm in a terminal session?

When all else fails RTFM <http://www.logikalsolutions.com/wordpress/information-technology/jed-user-manual/>.

In particular you might wish to start reading at page 18.

On 03/28/2018 09:43 PM, Bob Currey wrote:
With nano it won't work unless you use a -m parameter, and then it works very well.  Maybe try it?
-m --mouse Enable the use of the mouse

nano -m filetoedit.txt

Jed doesn't have a mouse support parameter, but it is supposed to support the mouse from what I read...

I tried setting TERM=linux but that didn't help any.  Does anyone know how to get the mouse to work?  If it could just move the cursor and click on the menu, that would be great. Even if it could just move the cursor that would be fine.

thanks
BobC

On Wednesday, March 28, 2018, 5:28:02 AM CDT, Roland Hughes <roland@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Personally, I've never know the mouse to work in Jed. It doesn't work in Nano either.

On 03/28/2018 05:21 AM, Bob Currey wrote:
I am running linux and I've tried jed with a number of terminals, and in all cases it works, but my mouse can only point and select, it doesn't move the cursor and can't click on the menu bar, forcing me to do almost everything from the keyboard.

Here is my mouse setup.  I am running GPM.  The mouse works fine in other terminal based programs like Midnight Commander, for example.

ps -ef | grep gpm
root 2027 1 0 Mar27 ? 00:00:00 /usr/sbin/gpm -m /dev/input/mice -t exps2

gpm -v
gpm 1.20.4 29th of May 2008

Have I got something configured wrong, maybe?  Any ideas what to try?

Thanks
BobC

--
Roland Hughes, President