Re: [jed-users] Any ideas on how to get my mouse to work in jed under linux with gpm in a terminal session?

Bob Currey <bcurrey99@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jed doesn't have a mouse support parameter, but it is supposed to
> support the mouse from what I read...

It supports the XTerm mouse protocol when running in a terminal that
supports that protocol.  To enable it, add

   require("mousex");

to your .jedrc file.

jed also supports the GPM mouse when running _outside_ of xterm.  But
support for GPM has to be enabled at compile time.  To see if your
version supports GPM, run `jed --version`.  When I do that, I see:

jed compile-time options:
 +LINE_ATTRIBUTES +BUFFER_LOCAL_VARS +SAVE_NARROW +TTY_MENUS
 +EMACS_LOCKING +MULTICLICK +SUBPROCESSES +DFA_SYNTAX +ABBREVS
 +COLOR_COLUMNS +LINE_MARKS -GPM_MOUSE +IMPORT

If you have GPM support, you will see "+GPM_MOUSE".  I always compile
jed with it disabled.

For more information, see the mouse.txt file, which you should be able
to access using the "Help->Browse Docs->mouse" menu item.

I hope this helps.