Re: [jed-users] Ratliff and Whitesmith C indent modes? ... and more questions

Nicholas Christopoulos <cpointer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I use Ratliff C style since I was begin (and love it) with Pascal.
> I didn't knew that was known mode, just was my natural for me from 1989
> when I learned C.
> How I can use it with cmode.sl ?

In your .jedrc file, create function called c_set_style_hook that
takes the name of your c-style, e.g., "ratliff":

   require ("cmode"); % make variables used below visible
   define c_set_style_hook (name)
   {
      if (name == "ratliff")
        {
           % Customize
           C_INDENT = 3;
           C_BRACE = 2;
           C_BRA_NEWLINE = 1;
           C_CONTINUED_OFFSET = 2;
           C_Colon_Offset = 1;
           C_Class_Offset = 3;
           C_Namespace_Offset = 3;
           C_Macro_Indent = 3;
           C_Label_Offset = 0;
           C_Label_Indents_Relative = 0;
           C_Outer_Block_Offset = 0;

> 2.
> I have several bug fixes and modifications/remakes (bufed, mini).
> How to info/update JED developers?

  Send them to me (jed@xxxxxxxxxxx) or to the list if you want feedback
  from the community.

> 3.
> I have a list with wishes...
> I have no idea where I could send it except here, hopping for an
> answer.
>
> 3.1. the newt libraty is based on slang, may you can include it.
>
> 3.2. better blink_match, perhaps by changing the attribute of the
> second matched char.

  Please elaborate.

> 3.3. is_xjed() or is_xxxjed() should be internal JED functions at
> compile time, or at least in site.sl.

  When jed runs as xjed, it defines the processor symbol XWINDOWS:

#ifdef XWINDOWS
   % Xjed specific code here
#endif

> 3.4. status line format string with width (example %03c for columns,
> %5u for lines); without the width, by moving the cursor, moving the
> whole status line and that is annoying.
>
> I already sent a patch for this.
> Just I want to know if it is accepted or need to optimize this for
> speed, or rejected for some reason or whatever...

Unfortunately, I have not had time to look at your patch.  I am aware
of it and hope to get to it soon.

> 3.5. Regular expression manual...
> Is it POSIX compatible, 2001/2008? can I find in a man page of other
> application? What library the SLang/JED using for it?

No.  I wrote the RE function many years ago based upon a DEC Ultrix
man page about REs.   See
<http://www.jedsoft.org/slang/doc/html/slang-22.html> for additional
information.

Also slang supports two RE modules: PCRE and Oniguruma.  While they
may be used to match strings in slang code, their use will have no affect
on jed's internal regular expression searches.

I look forward to your patches.