Re: [jed-users] Suggestion for the replace-function

Martin Klaiber <martinkl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> currently I am editing a large amount of text with scribal errors.
> Many errors are similar, so I often use the replace-function.
>
> Unfortunately it stops at the end of the document and I manually
> have to scroll back to the point where I started.

You could set a bookmark and return to the bookmark after making the
replacement.  Or, you can use the "replace_across_buffer_files"
function, which will automatically return where you started.

From the changes.txt file:

  Bookmarks added: `bkmrk_goto_mark' and `bkmrk_set_mark'
  These functions allow the user to set up to 10 bookmarks (0-9)
  and return to a previously set bookmark from any buffer.

These functions are available from the search menu.  I have
them bound to keys.

I hope this helps,