Re: [jed-users] Xjed ignores keypresses

Thank you. I quit the keyboard icon that allows you to select the keyboard locale and xjed works as expected.

On 09/09/2014 10:56 PM, Carlos R. Mafra wrote:
On Tue, 19 Aug 2014 at 11:34:36 -0400, Gary Gendel wrote:
This is a strange one that I'm hoping that someone stumbled across
and has a solution.

I upgraded from OpenSuse 12.2 to 13.1 and xjed ignores keypresses.
Mouse events seem to work as expected. Jed works fine.  I tried
recompiling both slang and jed/xjed on this system but the problem
persists.

To make things even stranger, if I use a different display then it
works, only on the desktop screen seems to be a problem.  The only
unusual thing about the display is that the display spans two
screens (dual head).  I've got an Nvidia controller running the true
Nvidia drivers.  All other programs seems to work so I don't think
it's a driver issue.
I had this problem too with OpenSuse 13.1 last month and it was
pretty annoying.

The problem was a keyboard program that was running automatically
after logging in (it appeared in the system tray in my Window Maker).
Unfortunately I forgot its name but it sounded like qbus or something
like that.

Killing that program "solved" the problem. I made sure I removed it
from the system.

It would be nice to understand why that happened. Putting some debug
info in src/xterm.c in jed just told me that the KeyPress event was
not being triggered but I couldn't understand why.