[jed-users] Xjed ignores keypresses

This is a strange one that I'm hoping that someone stumbled across and has a solution.

I upgraded from OpenSuse 12.2 to 13.1 and xjed ignores keypresses. Mouse events seem to work as expected. Jed works fine. I tried recompiling both slang and jed/xjed on this system but the problem persists.

To make things even stranger, if I use a different display then it works, only on the desktop screen seems to be a problem. The only unusual thing about the display is that the display spans two screens (dual head). I've got an Nvidia controller running the true Nvidia drivers. All other programs seems to work so I don't think it's a driver issue.

I'm not sure how to debug this so suggestions would be appreciated. BTW, I tried the GTK version of jed to see if it would shed light on the situation but that one just crashes with a sigsegv. I assumed that this is a work in progress or abandonware so I didn't pursue it further.

Gary