Re: [jed-users] Re: jed for Win2K

On Sun, Jun 22, 2014 at 06:56:04PM +0200, Dino Sangoi wrote:
> Sorry for the late reply,
>
> the windows version of JED looks for the config file in the directory
> pointed by the USERPROFILE environment variable. this is almost always
> already defined, and something like "C:\Documents and Settings\<user>", or
> "C:\Users\<user>".
>
> if the environment variable is not defined, then fallbacks to "C:\". If you
> want to take a look, all this happens in site.sl, around line 3060 (in the
> latest JED version).
>
> As you already figured out, the file should be named "jed.rc" (mostly for
> compatibility with old windows versions).
>
> The installer should set all the paths correctly, so no other environment
> variables should be needed.
>
> by the way, there was a bug in the color handling in recent versions of jed
> (reported by Frank and fixed by John): if you took the installer from
> http://sauroblog.blogspot.it/, all should be fine, if instead you got it
> from the google drive link, there is an updated version:
>
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_JelIuQb-1XaVJmV1FiQjlBVFE/edit?usp=sharing
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Dino

Hi Dino,
    It turned out that I had split my jed.rc out into separate keys,
functions and colors files in a subdirectory that gets picked up in
Linux but not in Windows. Setting the slang_load_path fixed the problem.
That computer is not on right now so I'm not sure which function I used.
    I had used your file from your blog site but since I was having
troubles installed that other package with version 0.99.20 and it
seems to be working fine too. Still have to get the key definitions
right but all else seems OK.
Thanks for your help.
Blessings,
Mike
--
A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds.
    - Francis Bacon