Re: [jed-users] Re: compiling jed under windows 7

frank <y199mp1505@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> And  ..\src\mkfiles\mkmake.c  fails compiling because it needs the
> slang library. The dog is chasing its tail.

You should be able to use slang/src/mkfiles/mk_mkmake.bat to create
mkmake-- the full library is not needed.  I do not know if you will
have problems compiling it on your 64 bit system though.

> If you know of a mkmake.exe that does run under win7 prof 64 bit,
> please tell me where I can download it.

I am surprised that a win32 executable cannot be run on a win 64 bit
system.  The following microsoft FAQ at

  <http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/32-bit-and-64-bit-windows>

suggests that you can:

   Can I run 32-bit programs on a 64-bit computer?

   Most programs designed for the 32-bit version of Windows will work
   on the 64-bit version of Windows. Notable exceptions are many
   antivirus programs.

I assume that you are trying to build the library from within a console
window.  Also, I recommend against building the 64 bit version since,
AFAIK neither slang nor jed has been tested on a win64 system.
Instead, compile them as 32 bit apps.

Good luck,