[jed-users] Re: compiling jed under windows 7

Thanks, Andrew, your comments helped.

First, mingw32-make. I compared the version from CodeBlocks and the version from Dev-Cpp which I was using. The second one was 5-6 times the size of the first one, probably because it incorporates libraries. It certainly was producing junk.

Still, switching to CodeBlocks did not solve the basic problem: the last dev package for slang only offer mkmake16.exe. In previous slang packages I found mkmake.exe which might be 32bit but still refuses to run under win7 professional 64bit, despite trying out several compatibility options.

In the end, m32init.bat fails to create all the makefiles required. And ..\src\mkfiles\mkmake.c fails compiling because it needs the slang library. The dog is chasing its tail.

If you know of a mkmake.exe that does run under win7 prof 64 bit, please tell me where I can download it.

Regards

frank