Re: [jed-users] pymode.sl DFA highlighting of multi-line strings

On  2.04.14, John K. Parejko wrote:
> Hello,

> I'm wondering if anyone has managed to get DFA syntax highlighting from
> the pymode.sl from jed modes to support multi-line strings? It includes
> a comment that they aren't supported, but I don't know if that's an
> inherent problem of DFA highlighting, or just an unfixed bug.

It is inherent to DFA highlighting, see Help>Browse_Docs>dfa:

  Jed's DFA highlight rules work only on a line-by-line basis. Using
  the DFA scheme, it is impossible to highlight multiline comments or
  string literals.

> Also, the traditional highlighting mode works for double-quoted
> docstrings ("""), but not single quoted docstrings ('''). Again, why
> this is is not obvious to me, as the pymode.sl seems to include the
> appropriate hooks for '''-quoted strings.

It looks like the comment:

%  * It works OK with """ (but NOT with ''') if DFA syntax highlight is off.

is outdated. At least here, it works with both """ and '''.

> Also, the jedmodes repository on sourceforge hasn't been touched in a
> long time (early 2010). Is it essentially dead?

It is in a "works for me" state. Patches are accepted, bugs will eventually
be fixed but there is no active development currently.