Re: [Jed-users-l] jed changes with file type

Mike McClain <mike.junk@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>     I think the problem that initiated the last email is connected to
> 'newline_and_indent'. When editing some files if autoindent is ON then
> when I hit 'ENTER" the cursor drops one line and advances to be under
> the first non-white character of the previous line. In other files the
> cursor is advanced some few spaces past the first non-white character
> of the previous line. I prefer the former and wish to prevent the
> latter.

To achieve this, try:

 define global_mode_hook (mode)
 {
    if ((mode == "eshell_mode_hook")
        || (mode == "ashell_mode_hook"))
      return;

   unset_buffer_hook ("indent_hook");
   unset_buffer_hook ("newline_indent_hook");
 }

> PS: what are eshell and ashell?

ashell runs a shell in a jed window.  eshell is an enhanced version
of that.  Hmm... it appears that eshell was never integrated into the
jed releases.  I will try to find time look into that.

I hope this helps.