[Jed-users-l] jed changes with file type

    Jed is an outstanding editor, much more powerful than my needs.
When I moved away from pico and mcedit I tweeked lpe to fit my needs
but it's quite limited. I've been using jed long enough that I've
forgotten all the hoops I jumped through to get it to work like I do.
It's time to try again. As I change from text to perl to 'C' to html
jed changes indent styles and I'm constantly having to space or
backspace to get what I want. I don't mind it recognizing a different
set of key words but that's about the only thing I'd like to change
from file to file.
    If I recall correctly what I've got now is my own key assignments
and functions atop 'cua' mode. What do I need to do to get jed to act
the same regardless of the file I'm editing? Hopefully it's
configuration rather than having to hack the source.
Thanks,
Mike
--
"Give us this day our daily bread.
 Forgive us out debts as we forgive our debtors.