Re: [Jed-users-l] extended backup (versioning)?

On Mon 2013-04-15 (13:43), Morten Bo Johansen wrote:

> One could also use rcs as a backup-on-save method. There is an existing
> rcs.sl in the jed archive. With some small modifications it could be made
> to achieve that end. It seems a little less messy than having all these
> backup files lying around.

My versions.sl stores the file versions in their own subirectory .versions/
so there is no "mess around"

With the helper program jedv you can configure vim the same way:
both editor then do the same file versioning. See:

http://fex.rus.uni-stuttgart.de/fstools/jedv.html

Writing file versions is done automatically. You need to call jedv
manually only if you want to restore or review.

--
Ullrich Horlacher              Informationssysteme und Serverbetrieb
Rechenzentrum IZUS/TIK         E-Mail: horlacher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx