Re: [Jed-users-l] .jedrc again

Hi John,

    When I moved the key assignments to another file the
'define global_mode_hook ...' went with them and no longer included
my set_color statements when I found this last night and moved
global_mode_hook back to .jedrc my colors came back.

    Allow me to express my appreciation for jed and your support.

    Many years ago I stumbled onto a DOS editor called m.exe that Microsoft
bundled with MSBasic 7.0 that like jed is highly configurable and I loved
it. When I switched to Linux I found vi and emacs horrific, used pico and
mcedit until I ran across lpe which without much trouble I managed to tweek
the source code to until it was usable. It's quite limited compared to jed
but worked for me for several years. When I saw in the Debian package
description that jed is configurable I decided to give it a try and suspect
it will be my editor of choice for many years to come.

Sincerely,
Mike McClain

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 12:49:20AM -0400, John E. Davis wrote:
> Mike McClain <mike.junk@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >     But as I mentioned before I have 11 set_color() statements that were
> > executed but are now not executed.  They look like this:
> > set_color("normal",                 "lightgray",    "blue");  %   Default fg/bg
>
> Something like what you are seeing is described in jed's changes.txt
> file.  In the section for 0.99-13, you will find:
>
>  a) If you are not using set_color_scheme to set colors, you may find
>     that your color settings will not work.  Now, if the user does not
>     call set_color_scheme, it will automatically be called with
>     _Jed_Default_Color_Scheme.  If you do not want this feature, set
>     _Jed_Default_Color_Scheme to NULL after setting your colors.
>
> In other words, after your set_color commands, add:
>
>   _Jed_Default_Color_Scheme = NULL;
>
> Looking at the code, you can alternatively add:
>
>   _Jed_Color_Scheme = "mycolors";
>
> The latter statement informs jed that a color scheme (called
> "mycolors") has been set and that jed should try using the default
> scheme.  The former statement simply tells jed that no default scheme
> exists.  Either of these should work.
>
> --John

Satisfied user of Linux since 1997.