Re: [Jed-users-l] .jedrc again

Mike McClain <mike.junk@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>     But as I mentioned before I have 11 set_color() statements that were
> executed but are now not executed.  They look like this:
> set_color("normal",                 "lightgray",    "blue");  %   Default fg/bg

Something like what you are seeing is described in jed's changes.txt
file.  In the section for 0.99-13, you will find:

 a) If you are not using set_color_scheme to set colors, you may find
    that your color settings will not work.  Now, if the user does not
    call set_color_scheme, it will automatically be called with
    _Jed_Default_Color_Scheme.  If you do not want this feature, set
    _Jed_Default_Color_Scheme to NULL after setting your colors.

In other words, after your set_color commands, add:

  _Jed_Default_Color_Scheme = NULL;

Looking at the code, you can alternatively add:

  _Jed_Color_Scheme = "mycolors";

The latter statement informs jed that a color scheme (called
"mycolors") has been set and that jed should try using the default
scheme.  The former statement simply tells jed that no default scheme
exists.  Either of these should work.