Re: [Jed-users-l] Getting dumped into emacs when cua set otherwise

Craig J. Anderson <ander882@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In my site.sl I have:
> '
> public variable _Jed_Emulation = NULL;
> public variable _Jed_Default_Emulation = "cua";

The best place to put this is in $prefix/etc/jed.conf, where $prefix
is the value of the install prefix defined at build time.  For example,
/usr/etc/jed.conf, /usr/local/etc/jed.conf, /opt/etc/jed.conf, etc,

> '
> but when I have an error in my jed.rc I get dumped into emacs mode?

This will occur if there is an error in your .jedrc file before your
bindings have been instantiated.

For a multi-user system, I recommend putting something like the
following in your jed.conf file:

  % So we can use symbols such as Key_Shift_F1 in setkey statements
  require ("keydefs");

  _Jed_Default_Emulation = "cua";
  define keybindings_hook (emulation)
  {
     if (emulation == "cua")
       {
          % Add cua setkey statements here.
	  return;
       }
     if (emulation == "emacs")
       {
          % Add emacs setkey statements here.
         return;
      }
    % etc
  }

If you are the only user, then you can be more explicit:

  require ("keydefs");
  require ("cua");
  % Additional cua-specific setkey statemnts go here.

As you can see there are many ways to go about this.

Good luck,