Re: [Jed-users-l] JED: Shift-arrow to mark text

I see that cuamark.sl instructs me to use "require", so I added this
statement:

require("/home/doog/jed/cuamark.sl");

which loaded without error.  Running "jed", Shift-left/right does
*not* select the text.

However, xjed works fine.

I could not find documentation for either "evalfile" or "require" on
jedsoft.org, and am unsure of the difference.

When must evalfile be followed with "pop()"?  When do we assign it to
parens: '() = evalfile("cua")'?

http://www.jedsoft.org/slang/doc/html/slang-16.html

thanks
-Doug

On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 7:33 PM, Doug Kramer <doog@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thank you for your replies.  I'm a naive user, so please pardon my
> ignorance.

> if (BATCH == 0)
> {
>     () = evalfile("emacs");
> }
> evalfile("wmark"); pop();
>

> I downloaded cuamark.sl, but cannot copy it to /usr/share/jed/lib even
> with "sudo cp":
>
> $ sudo cp jed/cuamark.sl /usr/share/jed/lib/
> [sudo] password for doog:
> cp: cannot stat `jed/cuamark.sl': Permission denied
>

> How would I load the file from ~/jed/cuamark.sl ?
>
> ----------
> While using emacs mode, I would also like assign ^C to copy:
>
> setkey ("yp_copy_region_as_kill", "^C");
>

> However, it is set as a prefix key:
>
> _Reserved_Key_Prefix = "\003";   % ^C
>

> Is it possible to unset or override this?  (I cannot edit
> /usr/share/jed/lib/emacs.sl)
>
> ----------
> I'm quite happy with the design philosophy (and implementation) of JED, and
> hope to learn better how to customize it.
>
> -Doug
>
> On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 10:42 AM, Guenter Milde <
> milde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> On 23.04.11, Doug Kramer wrote:
>> > Is there a way in JED for Shift-arrow to mark text?
>>
>> Load cuamark.sl or wmark.sl.
>>
>> Some terminal emulators do not distinguish arrow from shift-arrow
>> though. On Xjed its working fine.

Yes, it works fine with xjed.