Re: [Jed-users-l] JED: Shift-arrow to mark text

Thank you for your replies.  I'm a naive user, so please pardon my
ignorance.

if (BATCH == 0)
{
    () = evalfile("emacs");
}
evalfile("wmark"); pop();

I downloaded cuamark.sl, but cannot copy it to /usr/share/jed/lib even with
"sudo cp":

$ sudo cp jed/cuamark.sl /usr/share/jed/lib/
[sudo] password for doog:
cp: cannot stat `jed/cuamark.sl': Permission denied

How would I load the file from ~/jed/cuamark.sl ?

----------
While using emacs mode, I would also like assign ^C to copy:

setkey ("yp_copy_region_as_kill", "^C");

However, it is set as a prefix key:

_Reserved_Key_Prefix = "\003";   % ^C

Is it possible to unset or override this?  (I cannot edit
/usr/share/jed/lib/emacs.sl)

I'm quite happy with the design philosophy (and implementation) of JED, and
hope to learn better how to customize it.

-Doug

On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 10:42 AM, Guenter Milde <milde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx