Re: [Jed-users-l] How many people use Jed?

I am very happy with JED too. I have tried several text editors or
IDEs over the years: Emacs, Vim, Nano, Eclipse, Netbeans, GEdit, Kate,
Geany, Anjuta, Komodo. Never quite happy. I've only been a JED user
for a short time, but I like much better than any of the others.

JED is easy to use, easy to get started with its menus, yet easy to
become an advanced user with keyboard shortcuts. It is easy to adapt
JED to the way I like to work (my .jedrc is full of personal keyboard
shortcuts).

Daniel.

On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 5:03 AM, Dave Laird <dlaird@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Good evening, everyone...
>
> I first began using Jed as my default text editor in RedHat Linux 2.0 and
> it has been in continuous use since then, with many different permutations
> and modifications. Thanks to John, Guenter and various others, it now has
> a full-featured Thesaurus and spell check, so it is somewhat more like
> using a word processor than a text editor, although I also can use it as a
> plain ASCII text editor at-will.
>
> I have long lost track of how many different people or systems I know have
> begun using it in one format or another, but suffice it to say that
> several people have contacted me in the past to find out the trick to
> getting the Moby Thesaurus working with it, so I assume others than myself
> have found Jed to be a quintessential writer's editor.
>
> I cannot say enough about the tremendous job John has done in supporting
> and improving it over the years except to say thank you.
>
> Dave
> --
> Dave Laird (dlaird@xxxxxxxxxx)
> The Used Kharma Lot/Community Comment
> /http://www.spokesman.com/blogs/commcomm
>
>  Fortune Random Thought For the Minute
> I'm using my X-RAY VISION to obtain a rare glimpse of the INNER
> WORKINGS of this POTATO!!

Writing software to spec is like walking on water... It's easy as long
as it's frozen.