[Jed-users-l] Question about lack of fsync()

Hi,

I grep'ed the latest source code of jed for fsync() and
found nothing. I am too layman to properly formulate the
question, but does jed somehow rely on the filesystem to
flush data to disk? (like the periodic sync that ext3 seems
to do, if I understand correctly)

I.e., does jed _really_ commit changes to disk when I Ctrl+x Ctrl+s
or does it delegate the decision to the filesystem?

I never had any problem with losing data with jed for ~10 years now,
so I just got curious.

Btw, xjed rules!