Re: slang/slrn bug with CTRL-G / CTRL-Z combo

Hello John,

"John E. Davis" <davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jörg Sommer <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Is it possible, that this bug is also in Jed? In the last view months I
>> had often the problem that jed (0.99.18) crashed in a combination with
>
> Do you really mean "crash" or exit with a fatal error?

Exit with a fatal error, printing informations about jed. BTW: jed didn't
restore the terminal correctly. But this might also a problem of the
shell.

>> ctrl-g. I can't reproduce it and I can't surely tell when it happens, but
>> it's often when I hit the wrong key and hit ctrl-g.
>
> jed handles signals in a completely different way.  I suspect that
> you may have experienced the problem when another program, e.g., `git`
> invoked jed.

Yes. I can't remember I've seen it happen without jed being invoked by
git.

> I would like to release 0.99-19 sometime in the next couple of weeks.
> As far as I know, there are no show-stopper issues with it, and it is
> superior to 0.99-18.  If there are issues, then please let me know ASAP.

I lost track of the development of jed. Did you add support for the
multikey (aka compose) in xjed? I have a patch that enables the multikey
but breaks copy & paste and redrawing of the window.

http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-jed/jed.git;a=blob;f=debian/patches/fix-multi-key.dpatch;h=da60e7802a7b123231574d37b98b71065f25f7d9;hb=0.99.19

What do you think about applying this patch? It doesn't add new
functions, but makes the code using more SLang 2 features.

http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-jed/jed.git;a=blob;f=debian/patches/slang2.dpatch;h=84e54f52f916075b032b27713a41a854efa19d90;hb=0.99.19

Did you've fix this bug?

Except from these issues I don't remember anything else that has to be
done.

I'll not be able to answer to any postings henceforward. I'll go into
holidays for ten days.

Bye, Jörg.
--
Dadurch, dass man einen anderen ins Irrenhaus sperrt,
beweist man noch nicht seinen eigenen Verstand.