Re: slang/slrn bug with CTRL-G / CTRL-Z combo

Hello John,

"John E. Davis" <davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Sep 2009 08:27:05 +1000, Geoff Wing <gcw@xxxxxxxxx> said:
>>During the action, so on the screen will be something similar to
>>	[444114] Read 501/1026 lines so far
>>and pressing CTRL-G will bring up
>>	Article transfer aborted or connection lost.
>>I guess you need to generate a large article if you have a fast connection.
>
> I believe that I fixed the problem in the latest version that is in the
> svn repository.  The problem was a bit subtle and was caused by a
> different read descriptor being created after the suspension.  The bug
> is really in slang's getkey function.  I added a work-around to the
> slrn code.

Is it possible, that this bug is also in Jed? In the last view months I
had often the problem that jed (0.99.18) crashed in a combination with
ctrl-g. I can't reproduce it and I can't surely tell when it happens, but
it's often when I hit the wrong key and hit ctrl-g.

Bye, Jörg.
--
Wer eher stirbt ist länger tot.
    	 	    	       			(Un B. Kant)