Re: Search and other functions don't work

John E. Davis wrote:
> Cesar Romani <cesar.romani@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I've installed jed 0.99.19.195 based on slang 2.2.0-121 on Windows XP.
>> with mingw and I've got jed.exe and wjed.exe
>> Whenever I search on a file using the menu or with CTRL-S, it appears:
>> Unable to open require. Check the value of the S-Lang load path
>
> jed picks up require.sl from slsh.  What is reported when you run slsh
> via:
>
>    slsh --help
>
> It should tell you what the default search path is--- this is where
> require.sl should be.

slsh --help

--------------------
Usage: slsh [OPTIONS] [-|file [args...]]
 --help           Print this help
 --version        Show slsh version information
 -e string        Execute 'string' as S-Lang code
 -g               Compile with debugging code, tracebacks, etc
 -n               Don't load personal init file
 --init file      Use this file instead of ~/slsh.rc
 --no-readline    Do not use readline
 -i               Force interactive input
 -q, --quiet      Do not print startup messages
 -t               Test mode.  If slsh_main exists, do not call it
 -v               Show verbose loading messages
 -Dname           Define "name" as a preprocessor symbol

  Note: - and -i are mutually exclusive

Default search path: C:/msys/1.0/local/share/slsh

I verified that require.sl is inside C:/msys/1.0/local/share/slsh
If I copy require.sl to the lib folder of jed I don't get the "Unable to
open require ..." message.
But I get always the "Directory <directory> is invalid" message when I
open a file. And when I edit a file and save it, it becomes read-only.
Many thanks in advance,
Cesar