Re: signal handler within jed?

Jörg Sommer <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> But there's a bug:
>
> ioctl(2, TCGETS, 0xbff9c164)            = -1 EIO (Input/output error)
> ioctl(2, TCSETSW, {B38400 opost isig icanon echo ...}) = -1 EIO (Input/output er
> ror)
> write(2, "***Fatal Error: Killed by signal "..., 37) = -1 EIO (Input/output erro
[...]
> Jed doesn't handle the SIGHUP correctly, i.e. it should not complain it
> was killed by it.

I would hesitate in calling this a bug.  The EIO errors occur because
stderr has been closed, and jed is ignoring those errors.  If the
autosave files are not getting generated, then there is a bug.

> I would much more prefer jed refuses to quit if there are buffers with
> unsaved data and don't having the autosave flag.

If the terminal has been closed, then it would have to quit.

I also think that it is a bad idea for jed to simply save the buffers
as if nothing is wrong when it receives SIGTERM/SIGHUP.  Suppose that
you are editing some system configuration file when for some reason,
the system goes down or you lose your connection to the machine.  You
might find that the machine will no longer boot properly or you are
unable to login because of the incomplete file.

Perhaps the window manager can be configured to not kill xterm when
the user presses the "close" button.