Re: Another distro fix request, ispell/aspell/hunspell/...

Well I generally edit the command in the ispell.sl (as root if necessary)
but it's one of those things that always seems to come up at some
inconvenient moment.  While doing this for a recent Fedora 10 install it
struck me that it should be simple enough (maybe a dozen lines of slang)
to make it a bit more automatic in the core.  Something like (faux-slang -
meaning I didn't check the exact function names or command line args):

% Prefer value set by user
if (!var_exists("spell_cmd"))
{
  if (path_find("ispell"))
    custom_variable("spell_cmd", "ispell -a");
  else if (path_find("aspell"))
    custom_variable("spell_cmd", "aspell -a");
  else if (path_find("hunspell"))
    custom_variable("spell_cmd", "hunspell -a");
}

I thought about using foreach and a list, but that did allow for possible
command line option variations.