RE: Orthogonality beetween keybinding and language modes [was:"RE: Your enhanced Perl mode for JED (fwd)"]

> >> The perl mode has a rudimentary mode menu missing perl_exec etc.
>
> I would not call this modern either.
> The perl mode directly defines in its local keymap a set of "first
> class" keybindings (which I regard WRONG, as this can interfere with
> emulation modes):

When someone feels like improving this, please do so.
I never use the menus and always use the Emacs-mode, so I never noticed
(or cared much) about the deficiencies.

> Compare pymode.sl:
>
> definekey_reserved("py_shift_right", ">", mode);
> definekey_reserved("py_shift_left", "<", mode);
> definekey_reserved("set_selective_display", "f", mode);

Yeah, that's true. I do vaguely remember that JED got these functions
sometime ago.

/mark
message from your computer.