http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-jed/jed.git;a=commitdiff;h=24db021b56dd19dd811fd7a1bd1b9353910f7f38
Author: Jörg Sommer <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   Thu Sep 18 12:11:56 2008 +0200

    Description for send_process

http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-jed/jed.git;a=commitdiff;h=54286e874186dcb2540d43027cd43d4d420e360c
Author: Jörg Sommer <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   Sun Aug 24 18:34:57 2008 +0200

    Use intermediate void* pointer for SLmalloc() return values

    The cast from char* to any other pointer type might increases required
    alignment of target type. This causes problems on some architectures
    (like alpha).

    Fix it by saving the result of SLmalloc() and SLrealloc() to a void*
    pointer and then copy it to the target variable.

http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-jed/jed.git;a=commitdiff;h=d55db1ac1a85ed8fe8a7c193227294c983956d08
Author: Jörg Sommer <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   Sun Aug 24 17:41:40 2008 +0200

    Make return type of jed_malloc0() void*

    The cast from char* to any other pointer type might increases required
    alignment of target type. On some architectures (like alpha) this
    triggers an error message at runtime, if the access of a pointer is
    unaligned:

    % cat cast-test.c
    int main(void)
    {
        char buf[10] = { 0 };
        int *a = (int*)&buf[1];
        *a = 0x7a7a7a;

        return 0;
    }
    % gcc -Wall -Wcast-align cast-test.c -o cast-test
    cast-test.c: In function `main':
    cast-test.c:4: warning: cast increases required alignment of target type
    % ./cast-test
    Unaligned access pid=398552 <cast-test> va=0x11fffbfe1 pc=0x12000112c ra=0x1200010ac inst=0xb0220000

Bye, Jörg.
--
“Unfortunately, the current generation of mail programs do not have
 checkers to see if the sender knows what he is talking about”