Re: false "file changed" status

On Mon, 27 Oct 2008 08:34:34 +0100 (CET), Thei Wijnen <t.wijnen@xxxxxxxxx> said:
>I was using 0.99.18 on Windows xp and working on both local
>disk files and files on samba shares. I experienced this problem
>on both.

This message or warning will appear if the stat system call indicates
that the st_mtime value is more recent that the value when the file
first became associated with the buffer.  This values should be immune
to seasonal clock changes.

Please try the following experiment.  Copy the following function to
the *scratch* buffer:

  define print_mtime (file)
  {
    variable st = stat_file (file);
    if (st == NULL)
      verror ("Unable to stat %s", file);

    vmessage ("st_mtime = %S, now=%S", st.st_mtime, _time ());
  }

Then press Ctrl-X ESC, which is bound to the evaluate_cmd function in
emacs mode and enter `evalbuffer' at the `S-Lang>' prompt.  The obtain
the `S-Lang>' prompt once more and type:

   print_mtime ("C:\\path\\to\\file");

where the the file argument is one of the problematic files.

Finally, does this problem occur with the 0.99.19 versions?