Re: Mail mode

Duke Normandin <dukeofperl@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm running on an OS X box w/o a domain name. All I have is an adsl pipe
> with my telco.  How would I setup .jedrc, sendmail.sl and mail.sl to
> send email from Jed in the above context? TIA...

Do you have sendmail installed?  If not, then you will need to install
it or some other program that handles the delivery of the mail.
Traditionally on Unix systems, sendmail is used.  On my debian system,
exim is used and /usr/sbin/sendmail is a link to it.  All jed does is
pipe the formatted mail message to the sendmail program, which is
specified by the SendMail_Cmd variable in sendmail.sl.

I hope this helps.