Re: [RFC/RFT] format_paragraph for JLM

Hallo G.,

"G. Milde" <milde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On  6.09.08, Jörg Sommer wrote:
>
>> You have to manually bind the function to your prefered formating key
>> (ESC q with Emacs emulation) with definekey("latex->format_paragraph",
>> "\eq", "LaTeX").
>
> Why don't you use the format_paragraph_hook and its related hooks?

What are the related hooks? par_sep, wrap_hook and wrapok_hook

I don't know how to set the cutting point, e.g. don't cut at ‘\ ’ in
bla\ bla or cut before a comment but not inside. And I have the problem
that I need to know some informations about the environment. Determining
them for every line in indent_hook is expensive. And I had the problem
that you've described in structured_text.sl: ‘Actually, this misses an
important difference between blank lines and first lines of a list item:
While an blank line must not be filled when reformatting, a list item
should.’

I think my formating is to complex to be done by the internal function,
but I found format_paragraph_hook which replaces the internal
format_paragraph.

BTW: John, in text.c:text_format_paragraph() is the following code. Is
this right? Is the format_paragraph_hook at the end ever run? If it's
defined it's run at the beginning and the function is quit.

     if ((h != NULL)
         && (h->format_paragraph_hook != NULL))
       return SLexecute_function (h->format_paragraph_hook);
…
   if (Repeat_Factor != NULL)
     {
        SLang_run_hooks("format_paragraph_hook", 0);

Schöne Grüße, Jörg.
--
Prof: Ist etwas an der Tafel nicht zu lesen? Sie schauen so komisch.
Studentin: Nein, es ist alles in Ordnung.