Re: jed-0.99-18 + slang-2.1.2 = Run-Time Error

John E. Davis wrote:

> In other words, prior to jed-0.99.19-99, the "Top Of Buffer" error
> message was not getting propagated to slang-- only the error-code,
> which it translated to "Run-Time Error". This is also why the change
> introduced in slang-2.1.2 has no effect on versions of jed later than
> version 0.99.19-98.

Thanks for clarifying! :-)

So when making 32-bit DOS binaries available for download, I should make
one jed-0.99-18 (stable) + slang-2.1.1 and one for jed-0.99-19-104 (beta
or WIP) + slang-2.1.2?!

> I would not call this an incompatibility-- it is just that the
> more informative error message does not get displayed when using an
> old version of jed with a new version of slang.

Erm... That sounds like a perfect (minor) incompatibility to me. ;-)

> Hopefully these issues have been resolved in the latest version in the
> repository.

Thanks.

Also I would like to contribute a little `main.c' patch for DJGPP similar
to get_win32_root(). May I send it to the list zipped or in private mail?

>>3) `INSTALL.pc' mentions `jed386.exe' several times, but DJGPP produces
>>   `jed.exe'. One of those should be fixed to avoid confusion. ;-)
>
> That file stems from a time when I distributed binaries for
> DOS/Windows.  I nolonger do so and as such that file should be
> rewritten.

And you're still looking for volunteers, aren't you? ;-)

Robert Riebisch
--
BTTR Software
http://www.bttr-software.de/