Re: save/load macros?

Ulli Horlacher <framstag@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>I want them to be persistent - between several jed instances.

In that case, I encourage you to consider using a slang function
instead of a macro.  The macro_to_function function in macro.sl may be
used to simplify the task of converting the macro to a function.  The
problem with keyboard macros is that they are tied to the functions of
a particular keymap and should only be used in such a context.  If you
tweak your keybindings, then your macro might be (negatively)
affected.  In any case, if you want to reuse a macro in a future jed
session, you really should enable it in the appropriate mode hook.

With that said, consider the file created by the macro_save_macro
function.  Suppose its contents looks like:

%%%MACRO NAME: foo
@^B^K^B^E^Kk^[[Aascascsac^M

where the "foo" macro was created for use in c-mode.  Then you can
manually add this to a c_mode_hook using:

   define c_mode_hook ()
   {
       .
       .