Re: recommendations to use the svn-trunk with an debian distribution(kubuntu)

* G. Milde <milde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2007-07-23 13:49]:

> On 23.07.07, Joachim Schmitz wrote:
> > How would the line(s) in apt-sources look ?
>
> To add the experimental repository to the list of available packages, add
> e.g.
>
> deb ftp://ftp2.de.debian.org/debian/ experimental main non-free contrib
>
> However, this could lead to a lot of experimenatl packages replacing
> stable ones. Therefora I would download the packages from the
> abovementioned URLs and do a manual install.

You might also consider using apt-pinning (see [1] and also "man
apt_preferences").  For instance, if you add the experimental line above to
sources.list and create the following /etc/apt/preferences file:

    Package: *
    Pin: release a=unstable
    Pin-Priority: 700

    Package: jed jed-common
    Pin: release a=experimental
    Pin-Priority: 800

then all packages besides jed and jed-common will be obtained from unstable,
avoiding the problem mentioned by Guenter.

[1] http://jaqque.sbih.org/kplug/apt-pinning.html

--
Rafael