Re: recommendations to use the svn-trunk with an debian distribution(kubuntu)

On 23.07.07, Joachim Schmitz wrote:
> G. Milde schrieb:

>> For Jed 0.99.19 on Debian and (k)ubuntu, I recommend the packages from
>> Debian/experimental:
>> http://packages.debian.org/experimental/editors/jed
>> http://packages.debian.org/experimental/editors/jed-common
>> http://packages.debian.org/experimental/editors/xjed

> How would the line(s) in apt-sources look ?

To add the experimental repository to the list of available packages, add
e.g.

deb ftp://ftp2.de.debian.org/debian/ experimental main non-free contrib

However, this could lead to a lot of experimenatl packages replacing
stable ones. Therefora I would download the packages from the
abovementioned URLs and do a manual install.

The packages contain also a set of patches against the SVN deemed to be
usefull or fixing problems. However, the section is called experimental
for a reason, so there is no guarantee for proper functioning.

Guenter