Re: Folding & Perl Mode

=?UTF-8?Q?J=C3=B6rg?= Sommer <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>Isn't it a common problem that text in comments confuses
>find_matching_delimiter()? Due to this I've implemented my own brace

find_matching_delimiter is aware of comments.  That is why the first
patch to perl.sl worked.  Basically, it changed "#{{{" to "# {{{",
effectively turning "# {{{" into a comment.

>matching function. Is it possible to exclude braces from the matching
>with find_matching_delimiter()? Are more complex contructs like {\{ ] }
>possible?

Yes, but matching works according to the syntax table associated with
the buffer.  If you have used define_syntax to declare {} as matching
delimiters, then find_matching_delimiter will take their presence into
account.