Re: python-mode and fold-mode

Hallo G.,

"G. Milde" <milde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Why? The emulation overwrites all keybindings and sets up the array or
>> minor_mode_key_prefix function. And IMO a minor mode can also go into a
>> non???global keymap. This way, it affects only some buffers.
>
> This is right.
>
> However, the idea of a special minor_mode_key_prefix() function seems
> still too complicated for me.

Do you mean complicated in the sens of difficult to unterstand or in the
sense of more than is needed aka bloat?

> Grepping for "key_reserved" in the standard library, I found 12 major
> modes that use one of "reserved" keybinding functions
>
>   bibtex.sl docbook.sl f90.sl fortran.sl ide.sl latex.sl lua.sl php.sl
>   pymode.sl rcs.sl tclmode.sl tpascal.sl
>
> but only 2 minor modes that do so,
>
>   folding.sl and mousex.sl.

What does the svn/cvs mode do?

> I suppose it will be simpler and easier to comprehend for a user if
> site.sl supplied an auxiliary function for the "fold" bindings like the
> example below.

I would like to have a generic way. Maybe we have so less minor modes,
because it's difficult to integrate them.

For example, I would like to add some functions from the debian mode for
mails, but I don't want to go to the global keymap, because those keys
aren't global, and overwriting the settings of mail doesn't sound good,
too.

minor_mode_key_prefix("debian", "mail")

Bye, Jörg.
--