A few jed questions again

I'd like to run a shell script before jed really quits with the C-x
C-c. Is that possible? If yes, what command can I map the two keys to?

Secondly, I am unable to copy/paste text with the mouse in jed. Say I
copy from another terminal with the mouse and try to paste in jed,
nothing happens.

Also, copy/pasting between two jeds running on two ttys doesn't work
C-y or with the mouse. How to do this?

How do I automatically format paragraphs as I type?

How to copy text instead of cutting using C-w then pasting with C-y
and again pasting where needed. Does jed support registers?

How do you spellcheck a region?

I was unable to use abbrevs when I made an abbrevs.sl and placed it
under /etc/jed.d/ directory with a number prefix. I also loaded this
file manually and still the abbrevs won't work. What is wrong?

Regards,
mowgli