Re: bol improvement

On  9.05.07, Marko Mahnic wrote:
> G. Milde wrote:
> >
> >  setkey("jbol(0)",                    Key_Home); % move to bol first
> >  setkey("jbol(1)",                    Key_Home); % bol-skip-white first
     setkey("bol",                        Key_Home);

> > ... which argument should cua.sl use by default?

> I think most editors use the equivalent of jbol(1).

This is the quick test of the "word-processors", editors and IDEs on my
Debian GNU-Linux system in their standard configuration:

  (x)jed:                       bol();
  Abiword:                      bol();
  OpenOffice Writer:            bol();
  LyX:                          bol();  % protected whitespace
  Mousepad (xfce-editor):       bol();
  xedit:                        bol();
  e3 (MicroEditor):             bol();
  gedit:                        jbol(0);
  Boa Constructor (Python IDE): jbol(1)
  gphpedit:                     jbol(1)

What I found most astonishing is, that both Abiword and OpenOffice use the
plain bol() equivalent. (As does the Xfce editor "Mousepad" in spite of Xfce
being a CDA descendant.)

This is also consistent with Key_Home named "Pos 1" on German keyboards.

"Smart" Key_Home bindings are more widespread in IDEs or special programming
editors.

Looking at this I would keep to the KISS principle and leave the default
binding at bol().

Other suggestions?
Other examples?
What does Emacs do?