Re: bol improvement

SANGOI DINO LEONARDO wrote:
Hi Jedders,

public define jbol()
[...]

Yes, I like it.

In fact, this is what most editors on Windows do when you press 'home' key.
I think also that this must be the default binding for 'home' on cua.sl.

Thanks,
						Dino

Actually some editors on windows do the opposite. On first press
they move to the first non-white character. Except when the curosr
is already on the first non-white, then they move to bol.
Then after each press they jump between first non-white and bol.

Personally I like to have keyboard commands as "deterministic" as
possible. This is because I am a heavy user of keyboard macros.
If I record a macro that includes a Home key, I have to be sure
what it will do on next invocation. jbol will behave differently
in this example (mark the first word on the line):

Home, C-Right, C-S-Right

(roughly: jbol, skip_word, push_mark, skip_word)

It will do the correct thing only if not at bol. If bolp(),
it will mark the second word.

OTOH in jed I can always rebind the home key to suit my needs :)

Marko