Re: [jed] help for diff mode (syntax color via dfa)

Dear Jörg and Dino (and other jed-users interested),

On 27.04.07, Jörg Sommer wrote:
> SANGOI DINO LEONARDO <SANGOID@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>
> >> What's your background color? My background is black and lightgray on
> >> cyan is a bad combination. Can you change it?
> > Well, I also have a black background... yes I agree that lightgray on cyan
> > is not beautiful... I simply wrote it with some random colors and never
> > bothered to change it...
> What about black on yellow?

My background is LightYellow (and there are some more light schemes
around, so I suppose I am not alone). This is why I suggest "borrowing"
colours from the ones defined in the standard colour schemes.

This will

 * work out of the box for both, light and dark background,
 * use colours that fit in the overall scheme,
 * enable user customisation without interference on the "standard"
   colours using something like
     define_color("diff_block", "black", "yellow");
   in the jed.rc file.

My suggestion for the mapping of "standard" to "diffmode" colours is:

  % Default colour scheme

  custom_color("diff_cmd",     get_color("operator"));    % diff
  custom_color("diff_oldfile", get_color("bold"));        % ---
  custom_color("diff_newfile", get_color("number"));      % +++
  custom_color("diff_block",   get_color("preprocess"));  % @@
  custom_color("diff_deleted", get_color("error"));       % - or <
  custom_color("diff_added",   get_color("keyword"));     % + or >
  custom_color("diff_junk",    get_color("comment"));     % Only / Binary

Could we agree on such a colour setup?

Could you try whether this works out to your convenience with a dark
colour scheme and maybe mail suggestions for change?