Re: ncurses support for Jed

- Tong - <mlist4suntong@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>I know that Jed is normally used by people who don't use X. However, it is
>not very convenient to use one editor on console, and another one on
>terminals.
>
>So, I'm wondering how difficult is it for Jed to wrap screen I/O with
>ncurses, so as to have mouse support under terminals. I.e., Is there any
>plan to use ncurses in future?

No, I have no plans to use ncurses.  In fact, a couple of days ago
after I upgraded from debian sarge to etch, I found the etch version
of lynx, which is linked to ncurses, to be unusable because of display
issues (characters in the wrong columns, rows, etc).  So, I recompiled
it and linked it to slang and the problems went away.

As far as mouse support goes, jed supports GPM on the linux console
and the xterm mouse protocol when run inside an xterm.  What terminal
are you using where you are lacking mouse support?